Bristol Rugby Community Foundation has a number of programmes involving schools across the region. Find out more below.
Bright Sparks Programme
Bright Sparks is a life-changing programme aimed at young people who are at risk from persistent non-attendance, permanent exclusion, poor behaviour and poor life choices.
It is a 38-week placement in CYPS designated secondary schools for groups of up to 15 young people, with two-hour long weekly inputs – one hour practical, one hour classroom-based.
Young people are encouraged to clearly demonstrate the benefits of positive life-choices - such as reward in return for commitment, but also the consequence of poor choices, such as exclusion, anti-social behaviour and entry into the criminal justice system.
The double award-winning Eagle Project is a rolling 12-14 week rugby programme aimed specifically at girls in Years 8, 9 and 10.
The project, which scooped the PLAY Award at the Premiership Rugby Parliamentary Awards in 2015 and 2016, aims not only to attract girls to the game, but also help to retain them in the sport as they progress through school and into adulthood.
Forever Sport is a national curriculum-backed multi-sport and tag rugby after-school programme, shaped to fit the needs of each individual primary school.
The programme includes:
- Two one-hour in-curriculum games based PE lessons using a two-coach model.
- Teacher Mentoring, upskilling of school staff through team teaching, comprehensive lesson plans and email support
- After-school clubs for Key Stage 1 and 2
- Complimentary tickets in the new South Stand at Ashton Gate Stadium for a Bristol Rugby match for all after school club participants which includes a half-time parade
- BIG discounts on any additonal tickets for adults and additional children (over 40%) with all proceeds going to our registered charity
- Bristol Rugby player appearances
- Invitation to a Bristol Rugby TAG festivals
If you are interested in the Forever Sport Programme, please contact Tom Monks at email@example.com.