The Academy catchment now includes North Somerset and everything west of the M5 motorway.
There are six DPP centres serving the area as well as under 17 Development Centre at St Bede’s Catholic College. These are:
- Taunton (King’s School on Mondays from 5.30pm-7pm)
- North Somerset (Weston College on Mondays from 6.30pm-8pm)
- Minehead (West Somerset College on Mondays from 3.45pm-5pm)
- North Bristol (Marlwood School on Monday from 5.30pm to 7pm)
- East Bristol (Bristol Brunel Academy from 5.30pm to 7pm)
- South Bristol (Bridge Learning Campus from 5.30pm to 7pm)
There are PDG groups at the Clifton RFC training base on Monday and Thursday (5-7pm) and Bridgwater College on Tuesday and Thursday (5-7pm).
The DPP offers a programme for both players and coaches, with the bulk of sessions coached through games to enhance skills and understanding. Character development is a significant aspect of the DPP programme and the boys are encouraged to be resilient, self-reliant and self-aware.
In partnership with the Bristol Junior Combination, the Academy provides and supports strength & conditioning programmes at schools across the city. In addition, the Club provide coaching support in selected schools in Bristol.