VACANCY: Honorary Education Officer
Bristol Academy seeks an Education Officer
The Bristol Academy Honorary Education Officer will be responsible for the co-ordination and planning of identified player’s educational requirements, as relevant to their age and needs, to ensure that an effective pathway is created for both rugby & education during their time in academy rugby.
Expenses will be paid, and two complimentary Bristol Rugby season tickets will be provided.
Main tasks & activities:
• To provide educational support on a regular basis in association with the players in attendance at Bristol Rugby Club.
• To implement and maintain accurate educational records for nominated players within the Academy.
• To attend assessment meetings when requested by the Academy Manager.
• To implement bespoke educational support programmes with designated players.
• Co-ordinate International Baccalaureate, AS/A2 Levels & BTEC programmes to create harmony between their rugby and their education.
• Assist players with UCAS applications, preparing Personal Statements to meet UCAS deadlines.
• Monitor players revision timetables (AS/A2) and upgrading possibilities for BTEC.
• Maintain an accurate education plan for all players with agreed targets to be met.
• To liaise with the Academy Manager on relevant player welfare issues.
• To maintain a sound working relationship with all key personnel, colleagues and players as well as outside organisations in order to support and promote Bristol Rugby Club.
• To undertake parent/guardian education seminars. In doing so being a source of advice & support to parents.
• To work in collaboration with the officials from the RPA and RFU who further support the rugby club.
The role would ideally suit a retired teacher or someone with a good understanding of the current educational landscape both nationally and in Bristol.
Working hours would be flexible to suit the individual and the players needs, but would involve some evening activities – presentations to parents etc.
A passion for the game of Rugby Union is desirable, along with the desire to drive and inspire young players to achieve both in their sporting and academic exploits.
Please send a letter of interest to the email/postal address below by 5pm on Friday 21st June, explaining why you feel you would be suitable for the role and including a tel. number or email address you can be contacted on.
Successful candidates will be notified by Fri 28th June at 5pm.
FAO: Mike Hall, Bristol RFC, c/o Clifton RFC, Station Road, Cribbs Causeway, BS10 7TT