VACANCY: Performance Analysis Internship
Club seeks a performance analysis intern
Purpose of the internship:
(i) To provide support to the Bristol Rugby coaching staff in the operation of the analysis program, particularly around the filming, coding and editing of match & training footage and the collation of statistical data.
(ii) To provide an aspiring performance analyst with an opportunity to work in and contribute to the performance analysis provision of an elite rugby organisation.
To commit to three working days per week (inc the Match Day) for the remainder of this season and for the 13/14 season (inc pre season period).
Will include but not be restricted to the following tasks:
• Filming and capturing of match & training footage
• Coding of games using Sportscode software
• Editing & distributing footage amongst the coaching staff
• Collating and recording Key Performance Indicators from matches
• Collating and producing a database of all Team & Ind KPI’s
• Preparing opposition and referee analysis
• An understanding of Sportscode analysis software and the Mac platform
• A working knowledge of the game of Rugby Union
The candidate must have personal attributes aligned with our club values:
• Humble & honest
• To have an outstanding work ethic
• To be disciplined in their approach to their work
• The candidate must be committed to a career in performance analysis and see this as a component of their ongoing professional development.
To apply for the position please send a CV & covering letter (of no more than 1 page of A4) – merged into a single PDF document - to Stuart Powell on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date – Friday 29th March at 5pm.
Successful candidates will be notified of interview by 5pm on Sunday 31st March.
Interviews will take place week commencing 2nd April.