Future Stars TAG Programme
The Bristol Rugby Community Foundation has been THE provider of TAG rugby for Bristol City, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset Council, delivering programmes to over 12,000 primary school young people in the 2011/12 academic year alone.
At Bristol Rugby Community Foundation we achieve the highest possible delivery quality by using a 2 coach delivery model with each class which ensures each class will benefit from a maximum of a 15:1 player:coach ratio.
- LENGTH OF PROGRAMME: 5 weeks + free entry into the End of Term festival + Matchday Experience
- LENGTH OF EACH SESSION: 2 HOURS (either 2 x 1 hour TAG rugby or 1hour TAG rugby & 1 hour education input)
- TEACHER EDUCATION DELIVERED TO ALL STAFF AS PART OF THE DELIVERY OF THE COURSE
- TO PROVIDE over 9 hours of grass roots participation per school of High Quality P.E. and Sport.
- AN OPTION to provide over 5 hours of educational inputs per school that cover a variety of Healthy Schools topics such as ‘The Eat Well Plate’, diet, health, food safety, bacteria and nutrition.
- ASSISTING PRIMARY SCHOOLS to achieve a number of Every Child Matters criteria set by the Department for Children, Schools and Families.
- ASSISTING PRIMARY SCHOOLS to achieve ‘excellent with outstanding features’ in P.E. for their OFSTED report for their partnership approach to supplying high quality P.E. in their school.
- PROVIDING OPPORTUNITY for every child involved on the programme to participate in a Bristol Rugby Matchday Experience at a Bristol Rugby home match.
- FESTIVAL WINNERS will get the chance to play TAG on the Memorial Stadium at half time of a Bristol Rugby fixture.
For further information on how to get your primary school involved with one of Bristol Rugby Community Foundation TAG Rugby programmes, please contact Ben Breeze at email@example.com or phone 01179581641.